FORECAST - Followers of Rural East-Central Alabama Storm Trackers

Wednesday, September 29

Pop Quiz Time!!

I love writing this blog.  I have found that it relaxes me tremendously, and hearing back from the readers has put a smile on my face like you wouldn't believe!!   I suppose this means I'll have to thank my hubby now, since he's the one who encouraged me to start it.  I think I also owe each of my readers a HUGE thank you up front...I would imagine some of my posts have been horribly tedious!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

I've been doing ALOT of thinking about the best way to go with this blog.  After all, I really want it to be a good source for anyone who uses it.  Since I'm still VERY NEW at this, I'm sure as time passes I will find ways to streamline everything so that finding what you want is easy.  But, for now, I thought I'd toss some ideas out there, and see what you, the readers, think. 

First thing, I've been wondering if I should specialize the new pages a little more.  I mean, right now, all I have are Instructional, Easy, and Advanced (I'm not counting the General ChitChat...that just me flapping my gums).  What would you all think if, as I get more posts accumulated, I change the recipe listings to meal course listings (Appetizers, Main Course, Side Dishes, etc)?  Also, what would you think about a page dedicated to ONLY Holiday dishes?  I'm allowed up to 10 pages, so there's plenty of room.

Second, do I ramble too much on each post, making it harder on folks just wanting recipes?  Would you prefer to see the recipe of that day posted first, THEN my chitchat, or are you happy with my way of writing as it is?  I want this blog to be truly usable!!

Final question (see, all pop quizzes aren't bad)...would you prefer pictures of the recipe/food?  I haven't posted a single pic, and that's been bothering me.  Most of the time, I'm writing about what I'm making that particular day, so getting a quick snapshot of it would be simple.  The only reason I've held off so far is that some people's puters don't load as fast as others, and pics will only slow it down worse.  What do you think?

You can answer these in comments or send me a direct email with your opinions (just put Pop Quiz On Blog as the subject so I'll know what I'm getting).  I really want to know what you think, and how you would like to see things done.  Hope to hear from some of you REAL SOON!!  ENJOY!!

No comments: