FORECAST - Followers of Rural East-Central Alabama Storm Trackers

Sunday, October 10

No Muss, No Fuss Cookies

The other evening, I was sitting here piddling on my computer.  One of my roomies came out to the living room, and asked if I was willing to make something (which I'm pretty much ALWAYS up for doing).  She wanted some of those no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies.  Do you remember those?  Man, I hadn't made those in YEARS!! 

I used to make them alot when my kids were really little, but honestly, I had forgotten all about them.  Not sure why, either...they're quick, easy, and yummy as can be.  Well, to make a long story short...off to the kitchen I hustled, and within 30 minutes, had a full batch made.  I think they lasted us 3 days?  Like I said.....YUMMY!! 

So, today...for those who HAVEN'T had them before (and for those who, like me, have forgotten how GOOD they are), that's what we'll be making...the EASIEST cookies in the world.  I promise you...these are most definitely KEEPERS, and your family will BEG for more!! 

NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder (I recommend Hershey's Baking Cocoa)
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter (preferably smooth)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (NOT instant)

In a large saucepot, melt butter.  Add sugar, cocoa, and milk, and bring to a low boil (do NOT allow it to boil hard).  Allow it to boil lightly for 1 minute, then add the peanut butter and vanilla.  Using a whisk, stir constantly until the peanut butter is completely melted and blended.  Remove from heat; stir in the oatmeal until mixed well.

Line a few pans with waxed paper.  Drop rounded spoonfuls onto the waxed paper, and allow to cool (they will be soft but ready to eat in 10-15 minutes...they harden as they cool).  Once cooled completely, store in your fridge.  Makes about 24-36 cookies.

Easy, huh?  These quick cookies are the answer to ANYONE's chocolate craving.  If only it were always so simple!!  ENJOY!!


No comments: